Have you ever experienced running out of valid ID for once? You have not received your Voter’s ID, your school ID is not valid anymore and your company ID is missing? Well, worry no more because here’s an all-around Employment ID for you! The UMID Card or the Unified Multi-Purpose ID Card is an Identification Card which contains all information about your employment. It is actually one of your to-go ID! Aside from that, it is also very easy to acquire, you just need to know the following steps, and you just have to present these requirements. But before that, let us understand the importance of this special card.
Having said that the UMID ID is your all-around employment card, it makes your transaction with different government agencies a lot more easier. Your transactions with Social Security Services (SSS), Government Service Insurance System (GSIS), PhilHealth and PAG-IBIG will be more convenient and efficient for you when you have this card. Moreover, with this card, you can apply for loans, view your accounts, or have a cash advance in a UMID kiosk located in your office. And lastly, since this your personal employment card, your UMID card can stand as one of your primary ID; no need to bring all of your IDs all at once! See? Having this UMID is really one great move to becoming a dutiful citizen of the country! But, how do you get this card? Just follow the simple steps below!
1. Accomplish this application form. If you are a government employee, choose GSIS and if you are an employee from the private sector,, choose SSS.
- UMID Application Form for SSS members
- UMID Application Form for GSIS members with eCard Plus
- UMID Application Form for GSIS members (New Enrollee)
2. Bring at least (1) of the following primary IDs:
- Driver’s License
- Professional Regulation Commission Card (PRC Card)
- Seaman’s Book or Seafarer’s Identification and Record Book
However, if you do not have any of the ID’s mentioned above, you can present two (2) of any of the documents listed below:
- Company ID
- School ID
- Postal ID
- PhilHealth ID Card
- GSIS Card
- GSIS Certificate of Membership
- Tax Identification Card
- Voter’s Identification Card
- NSO Birth Certificate
- Marriage Contract
- NBI Clearance
- Police Clearance
- Senior Citizen Card
- PAG-IBIG Member’s Data Form
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration Card (OWWA Card)
- ID Issued by Local Government Units (e.g., Barangay, Municipality, City)
- ID Card issued by Professional Associations
- Baptismal Certificate
- Alien Certification of Registration
- Transcript of School Records
- Permit to Carry Firearms issued by the Firearms and Explosive Unit of PNP
- Temporary :License Issued by Land Transportation Office (LTO)
- Permanent Residence ID
- Certificate from any of the following:
- Office of the Southern/Northern Cultural Communities
- Office of the Muslim Affairs
- Certificate of Licensure/Qualification Documents/ Seafarer’s ID & Record Book from Maritime Industry Authority
- Certificate of Naturalization from the Bureau of Immigration
- Bank Account Passbook
3. Do the first two steps and pass it to your respective offices – any of the GSIS branches nationwide for the government employees and any of the SSS branches nationwide for private employees and Overseas Filipino Workers. Upon submission, wait for the verification of your documents. If you get verified, they will get your photo for the ID, your signature, and your fingerprint. They will then give you the slip when you will receive your card and they will deliver it by mail.
4. Wait patiently for your card. If you finally got hold of it, you need to activate it, or it would be useless. But don’t worry because the activation is a lot more easier than the application. You just have to go to the nearest UMID kiosk and validate your fingertips. The specific instructions will appear on the screen and you just to follow it. After validating your fingertips, your card will be activated after 72 hours. That’s it! That’s how it is done!
See? You only have to go under these four easy and simple steps to get your UMID Card. You need not to pay big just for you to have another Valid ID; and this card gives you more benefits! So, what are you waiting for? Go to the nearest GSIS/SSS branch and apply now!
To all the readers of this website Thebrightinvestor.com, please read carefully and understand this disclaimer before you use or implement all the contents found here. Some of the posts are risky to use if you are a beginner.
All the post and contents of this website Thebrightinvestor.com is for public information only, however we cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or the assurance that will work for you if you implement some of the tutorials posted on this website. We are working to the best of our skills to make this website updated and working, but due to the fact that every seconds there some updates taking place on the World Wide Web it’s out of our control if some of the contents here will not work. Read More....