One of the common Filipino dessert served during the holidays and special occasions is the maja blanca. It is staple in events such as fiestas and family gatherings. What makes it an all-timed favorite snack is its creaminess, while homemakers find it easier to make than all other traditional desserts.
Maja blanca has a unique consistency of a thick gelatin. It usually comes in creamy white color, while some prefer to serve it with latik or coconut milk residue or toasted grated coconut on top and some prefer grated cheese.
Not all people know that maja blanca is actually a local adaptation of a traditional Spanish dessert called ‘manjar blanco’, that literaly means ‘white delicacy.’ Just like the other traditional dishes, this recipe also evolves into many variations making it all more interesting.
With all of this, maja blanca can also be an ideal home-based business idea. You can sell it on retail or in tray each slice cost about P20 to P50. Here is a recipe to learn how to make it.
- 2 cups thick coconut milk
- 3 cups thin coconut milk
- 11/4 cups cornstarch
- 11/4 cups white sugar
- latik or budbod for topping
- Dissolve cornstarch in 2 cups thick coconut milk, Set aside.
- Add sugar to the thin coconut milk
- Pour in a heavy pan and Cook over medium heat.
- When it boils, add cornstarch and coconut milk mixture.
- Stir continuously until well blended and thick.
- Pour into a greased pan (or bilao lined with wax paper). Allow to cool until firm.
- Brush top with coconut oil and sprinkle latik.
- Serve with budbod or toasted coconut.
- To make Latik; Boil thick cream Lower heat and simmer until cream curdles and oil comes out. Stir once or twice only to produce more Latik and oil. Cook until Latik turns browns’Drain.
- To make budbod; Add ½ cup brown sugar to every clip of granted coconut from which milk was extracted(sapal). Toast over low heat until brown.
To all the readers of this website Thebrightinvestor.com, please read carefully and understand this disclaimer before you use or implement all the contents found here. Some of the posts are risky to use if you are a beginner.
All the post and contents of this website Thebrightinvestor.com is for public information only, however we cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or the assurance that will work for you if you implement some of the tutorials posted on this website. We are working to the best of our skills to make this website updated and working, but due to the fact that every seconds there some updates taking place on the World Wide Web it’s out of our control if some of the contents here will not work. Read More....