Many Filipinos yearn to serve their fellow countrymen by working in the government agencies, however, before doing so, passing the Civil Service Exam is needed. Fortunately, this article can give you useful tips so you can take the test confidently.
First things first and in order to get to the prime thought of this article, let us first review a few things you may be unaware of.
What is CSC?
The abbreviation CSC stands for Civil Service Commission. This agency of the government is responsible to support and administer the test in order to be fully qualified to work in government agencies. The office strongly emphasized the importance of passing the test prior to establishing a career in the government. Passers are entitled to the sub-professional or professional eligibility; with education, experience, and training; for a permanent position in the government field. This is the reasons why passing the CSC is important to the people who wants to work in government agencies. Take note that if you already passed in BAR (exam for Lawyers), CPA (Accountants), and other board exams for professionals, then you are not required to take the CSC anymore.
Tips on Passing the SCS Exam
- General ability tests cover grammar and correct usage, vocabulary, reading comprehension, analogy, logic, paragraph organization, and numerical reasoning. These will be taken for three hours and it is the professional level examination so you should cover 70% of your review in these fields.
- The two-hour long exam which is the sub-professional one, covers the same areas mentioned above except for analogy and logic. In this category, spelling and clerical operations are included as well so be sure to study that.
- Practice MATH and ENGLISH. Familiarize yourself with the concepts of basic mathematics and basic Algebra. If you are planning to take the next CSC Exam, then you should start practicing the two now in order for it to be just muscle memory when the big day is coming in front of you.
- Ask previous examiners about the test and ask them tips because if it directly came from them, then you have a higher chance of passing because another person who passed the same exam you are about to take is the one you will talk to.
- Practice and review ahead of time to avoid cramming. Be sure to know important lessons by heart.
- Do not cram or review on the last day before the exam. It is better and best if you relax or rest your mind before the big day. You can refresh yourself by going on through things but do not stress and start reviewing on the last day before the exam.
- Prepare a pencil, ballpen, sharpener, and eraser on the day of the exam. Make sure to be at your assigned school on or before 7:00 AM because the gates close at 7:30 AM.
- If you come across a hard question and you noticed you already burnt more than 5 minutes on it, skip it and come back afterwards. Doing this enables you to free your mind from stress; answer questions where you’re 100% sure first because you will need the extra ample time to think about the harder ones.
- Pray but work. Prayers aren’t answered if you yourself aren’t.
To all the readers of this website Thebrightinvestor.com, please read carefully and understand this disclaimer before you use or implement all the contents found here. Some of the posts are risky to use if you are a beginner.
All the post and contents of this website Thebrightinvestor.com is for public information only, however we cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or the assurance that will work for you if you implement some of the tutorials posted on this website. We are working to the best of our skills to make this website updated and working, but due to the fact that every seconds there some updates taking place on the World Wide Web it’s out of our control if some of the contents here will not work. Read More....